Monday, August 11, 2008

I´m homeless!

Well, supposedly, I move into my new new apartment after work today. The awesome place with the bar turned out to be not so awesome when 2 of the bathrooms flooded and the place reaked of mold, enough to give me a headache. So, luckily, we got out of the lease and we found another place on Saturday. Our new friend Regan (that´s her first name) let us stay in her extra room this weekend, us being myself and Tara, my new roommate and friend. So, all my stuff is just sitting on a school bus parked here at school. It´s pretty much been a nightmare, but at least we found a place. It´s really huge, still 4 bedrooms, this one has 3 full bathrooms and lots of space, 2 floors. The only problem I can tell is that the kitchen is my least favorite color in the world, pink. Good thing I don´t really cook.

Saturday night I went out for the first time here. We went to this place called El Faro, an open air bar blasting rock en ingles y en español. They were playing a little Guns N Roses and a little Manu Chau, it was a perfect escape from the nightmare we had finding a new apartment all day. They have this drink here, that taste like Ouzo to me, called Augardiente (firewater), it´s terrible. But, Regan ordered an entire bottle of it Saturday night and the group just kept doing shots. I don´t do so well with shots so I only had 2 or 3, but apparently that was our initiation that night.

I started setting up my classroom today. Things are a bit scarce, but I´m pretty resourceful and everyone is so helpful and warm, it doesn´t seem so bad.

I´m supposed to be getting my boxes this week that I shipped down, I hope so because all my school stuff is in those. I also need the clothes and shoes that I shipped. We are supposedly getting our cell phones working by tomorrow, I hope so because I´ve felt pretty out of touch lately.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Sounds like shipping is using the Pony Express. Should I go ahead and send your Christmas gift today so it arrives in time?

Amy said...

It's a good thing I'm not sending you a Christmas gift so I don't have to worry about it. :) Wasn't your apartment in PR pink and blue like ours? Miami Vice? I haven't heard anything about bugs yet.

Dee said...

Carrie, the pics are beautiful. The one of Jesus is very overwhelming. As for the squite bites rub vinagar on them to stop the itch. As for the roaches...leave them there. DO NOT
step on them...they house their eggs on their bodies;. So as you walk you are dropping the eggs along your path...luv ya,dee