Saturday, November 8, 2008

An insider's view

So, here are some pictures of my bedroom. I have the master bedroom and the furniture was all provided by the school. It's not so bad really, the mattress is pretty hard to get used to because it's so hard, but other than that, the stuff they provided is pretty good. As you can see, I have a picture of Chicago's skyline over my bed, I love having it. Thank you Cesar for that!


Here are the windows that lead out to my private balcony. I'll have to take some pictures of my view for the next post. I keep missing the good time when the light is just right.


Here is my insanely huge closet, this is only half of it, the other half has all my hanging clothes and there is plenty of room for all of my shoes, which is just such a nice luxury that I've never had. Notice how everything is folded up so neatly? That is thanks to Patricia, our maid.





This is inside my bathroom, it's apparently a steam room, but unfortunately, it doesn't work. I'm not sure it would be used though if it did work since it's 80+ degrees here everyday.




Here's the rest of my bathroom. My bathroom is one long hallway that starts with the closet, then the steam room, and then this. And, we're on the top floor of our building. So, when I come home from somewhere and I really need to go tinkle, I have to run up four flights of stairs, then another flight within our apartment, then down a long hallway. Always an adventure.
I'll have to post pictures of the rest of my place next time too and of the neighborhood in which I live. I live in what's called Ingenio II and it's known for having very huge, elaborate houses owned by mafiosos. It's also known for decorating at Christmastime like the Griswald's in Christmas Vacation...I can't wait! I saw one already tonight, it's still early November right?






2 comments:

Das Mutter said...

It's so nice! And soooo clean. That closet is amazing...I can't imagine having my things in my closet and still being able to see the floor/walls/anything. Nice! :)

Amy said...

I can't wait to see it all in person :)